Recent events at fast-food restaurants in New Mexico and Louisiana have raised serious concerns about customer safety. A Sonic employee in Española, New Mexico was arrested after a customer found a bag of cocaine on top of her hot dog. Meanwhile, an Arby’s restaurant in New Iberia, Louisiana faced a disturbing incident when a manager’s dead body was discovered in a walk-in freezer. These incidents have left customers shocked and concerned about the potential risks associated with dining at fast food establishments.
In Española, New Mexico, a woman named Celine Gonzales made a shocking discovery when she found a bag of cocaine on top of her hot dog at a local Sonic restaurant. After verifying the substance to be cocaine, the police arrested a 54-year-old employee, David Salazar, on a felony cocaine possession charge. Surveillance footage showed Salazar frantically searching for something he had lost after preparing Gonzales’ order. Salazar later confessed to purchasing the cocaine in the restaurant’s parking lot. The incident has understandably sparked fear among customers who expect fast-food establishments to provide safe and reliable food for their families.
In a separate incident, an Arby’s restaurant in New Iberia, Louisiana, became the center of attention when the lifeless body of 63-year-old manager Nguyet Le was discovered in a walk-in freezer. Although the initial circumstances seemed suspicious, the police have indicated that the incident appears to be an accident rather than a homicide. However, investigators are awaiting the results of an autopsy to determine the exact cause and manner of Le’s death. The incident has left both the local community and Arby’s customers deeply unsettled, as they question the safety measures in place at the restaurant.
These distressing incidents have understandably raised concerns about the safety protocols and practices at fast food establishments. Customers rely on these restaurants to provide food that is not only enjoyable but also safe for consumption. The discovery of cocaine on a customer’s hot dog and the tragic death of an Arby’s manager have shattered the trust that customers place in these establishments.
“That’s kind of crazy,” a customer told local outlet KOB 4 after learning about the hot dog incident. “I just got an ice cream. I hope we’re good.”
“I think that’s pretty scary. We come here to get food for our families, and if a child found that it could have been pretty bad or deadly,” another customer said.